Preset List: External Database, Spreadsheet, or Delimited File”
See Preset List /Drop-down
Editing for more information regarding preset lists.
- New list items that duplicate existing list items are trapped
- A warning dialog notifies the user and the duplicate is
discarded without modifying the list.
- Deleting a list item provides an option to reassign existing
documents that are already filed under the list item to another
item on the list.
- [Default Sort Order] allows sorting of the entire list.
- Click on the [Index Field Editor] button.
- Click on the Preset list / Drop down list configuration
label to open the List Control interface.
NOTE: Selecting [Cancel] will
discard all changes made to the Preset List of Values feature. In
this case the previous setting will be restored.
- Click on the External Database, Spreadsheet, or Delimited
File radio button and browse for and select your desired file.
The extension of the file is significant and must match the file
format being used. If the file type chosen is a DBF, specify the
desired fieldname in the external database to use for the list.
- External Database, Spreadsheet, or Delimited File - A
preset list maintained external to Image-Master in one of the
- A dBase 2,3,4 or FoxPro .DBF file.
- If a dBase 2,3,4 or FoxPro .DBF file is selected, Image-Master
will build the preset list from a specific field in the DBF.
- An Excel Spreadsheet File Format 2.1, 3.0, or 4.0 (.XLS)
- If an Excel Spreadsheet is chosen (.XLS), the first column
(typically A) is used to build the preset list.
- Comma separated value (.CSV) file.
- If a comma separated value (.CSV) file is chosen, the first
column of data (up to the delimiter or record end) is used to build
the preset list.
- Select [Ok] to save the Preset List of Values setting
for the index field and close the dialog box.
- Select [Ok] to close the Index Field Options dialog
- Select [Ok] to close the Index Field Editor dialog