- These directions were written for Image-Master version 7.
- Drop-down preset lists can be prearranged to the last item
chosen to permit more efficient scanning of identical types of
- Preset lists can also have values added "on the fly" by the
- Document fields can be utilized for both open and closed
preset list of values (PLV) and
accept bar codes on a specific page in the document.
- Open lists of values
are properly filed under the condition when the only filing
information changed is the entry of an override value.
- New list items that duplicate existing list items are trapped
- A warning dialog notifies the user and the duplicate is
discarded without modifying the list.
- Deleting a list item provides an option to reassign existing
documents that are already filed under the list item to another
item on the list.
- [Default Sort Order] allows sorting of the entire list.
- Open Image-Master (The executable is typically in your IMaster
folder on the network, for example F:\IMASTER\IMASTER.EXE).
- Log in as Admin with no password. Click on [Database
- Highlight your Collection-Master database and click on the
- Click on the [Index Field Editor] button. If a message
appears stating "You do not have exclusive access to the database,"
click [Ok] to bypass it.
NOTE: Be sure to select the field that
you want to have a drop-down list. This example uses the CMT
- On the Index Fields list, highlight the CMT field
and then click on the [Selected Field Options] button.
- A new window for Field Options for Field will
NOTE: An unchecked Preset list /
Drop down list configuration indicates the field does not
currently have a drop-down list. If the option is checked, it
indicates there is an existing drop-down list. In other words,
unchecked - you can make a new list and checked - you can modify
the existing list.
- Click on the Preset list / Drop down list
configuration... label to open the List Control
- Click on either:
- the Internal List radio button and create your list.
- Internal List - A preset list maintained internally
within Image-Master is used for the field.
- the Image-Master Dataset radio button.
- Image-Master Dataset - A preset list derived from all of
the values used by documents already saved in the database.
- the External Database, Spreadsheet, or Delimited File
radio button and browse for and select your desired file. The
extension of the file is significant and must match the file format
- External Database, Spreadsheet, or Delimited File - A
preset list maintained external to Image-Master in one of the
- A dBase 2,3,4 or FoxPro .DBF file.
- An Excel Spreadsheet File Format 2.1, 3.0, or 4.0 (.XLS)
- comma separated value (.CSV) file.
- Click [OK] to return to the Index Editor.
- Click [OK] to save your configuration.